EASY DIY Custom Blog Design Part 3: Wide 2 Column Template

This is a Series of Tutorials, so if you need to start at the beginning, CLICK HERE.

In this part of the tutorial, I am going to show you how to make a wide 2 column template with nice white space.  If you want to make a 3 column template instead, I have a tutorial HERE.

This tutorial uses the Minima Template (if you started at the beginning, I already had you do this).

First, you will need to head over to your Edit HTML page and scroll down to #header-wrapper { and change 660px to 1000px (or change it to what ever width you would like, in my example I am doing 1000px).

Next do the same thing on your #outer-wrapper {

Now I need to adjust the #main-wrapper {  I changed my width to 640px.

Then adjust the  #sidebar-wrapper {  I changed mine to 300px.

If you like your sidebar on the right, you can stop here, but if you would like to change it to the left, I will show you how to do that now.

Go to your #main-wrapper {  and change $startSide to $endside, and go to your #sidebar-wrapper {  and change $endSide to $startSide.  Now it should look like this!

Now Save your Template, and you are set!
Previous
Next Post »